Building Stronger Health Systems and Healthier Communities
We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances.
In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills. Founded in 1978, we collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes.
We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clients’ needs.
Working closely with our global and country-level partners, JSI fulfilled, and exceeded, our 2016-2020 Every Woman Every Child commitments in 2018. Since 2016, JSI has:
- Implemented reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) interventions in 32 countries
- Strengthened health information systems in 27 countries
- Supported nutrition interventions in 28 Scaling-Up Nutrition (SUN) countries
- Trained 344,050 individuals, health workers, and community volunteers in 31 countries.
- Built stronger routine immunization systems in 22 countries
- Developed stronger supply chains in 27 countries
JSI looks forward to ongoing partnerships with Ministries of Health, community and faith-based organizations, the private sector, and global stakeholders to continue to build strong, equitable health systems that deliver high-quality services to women, children, and adolescents.