Seizing the Moment: Providing faster access to quality medical products during COVID-19 and beyond
The COVID-19 pandemic is testing health systems, but we can learn from the gaps it reveals and co-opt the strategies that are working to contain it. Locally Leading the Way invites health leaders and viewers for interactive, real-time, virtual roundtable discussions on how countries can respond to disruptions, maintain essential services, and prevent future pandemics while optimizing sustainable local resources.
As they try to contain the novel coronavirus, low-and middle-income countries must also grapple to provide new and repurposed treatments, diagnostics, personal protective equipment, and someday, a vaccine. At the same time, they are fighting to sustain hard-won gains against old foes like tuberculosis and malaria. The need for strong pharmaceutical systems and supply chains has never been so clear, nor so urgent.
In the first of our #LocallyLeadingtheWay series, MSH, in partnership with Deloitte, invites you to a virtual conversation on novel approaches emerging from the COVID-19 response that can be effectively leveraged to respond to the pandemic while accelerating progress toward universal health coverage. Join our panel of experts in health supply chain management, pharmaceutical services, and health technologies as they discuss how pharmaceutical systems strengthening plays a pivotal role in this effort.
MEET OUR PANELISTS:
- John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Mojisola Christianah Adeyeye, Director, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Nigeria
- Bildard Baguma, Executive Director, Joint Medical Store (JMS), Uganda
- Rick Van Der Vegte, Senior Manager, Supply Chain Network Operations, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Kofi Aboagye-Nyame, Director, USAID Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program
OPENING REMARKS BY:
Marian W. Wentworth, President and CEO of Management Sciences for Health
Wade Warren, Chief Strategy Officer for International Development, Deloitte Consulting LLP
No one has commented on this page yet.
RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments